On December 16, the seminar-conference in cyber security field was held in Bank of Georgia University, in Tbilisi. The event was organized by Scientific Cyber Security Association (SCSA) and Bank of Georgia University with the support of Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation. Information about the new results in post-quantum cryptography projects was spread on the event.
The information about activities and goals of Scientific Cyber Security Association (SCSA) was reported as well. The event was attended by professors of various universities. The conference was also attended by representatives of governmental and non-governmental sectors, by cyber security experts and university students.
The main purpose of scientific events is to share experience, new technologies, methods and results in cyber security.
On conference were made following reports:
1. Main goals and activities of Scientific Cyber Security Association(SCSA) by Giorgi Iashvili, project manager, Scientific Cyber Security Association (SCSA);
2. The results of “Post-quantum cryptography” project by Maksim Iavich, CEO and President, Scientific Cyber Security Association (SCSA);
3. Cyber security challenges in Georgia by Vladimir Svanadze, head of Internet Development Initiative – IDI;
4. Use of cyberspace in modern conflicts by Andro Gotsiridze, cyber security expert, Head of Cyber Security Bureau of Defense Ministry (2014-2017);
5. How to protect yourself from the cyber attacks by Zaza Metaplishvili, LTD. “Integra”;
6. Cyber attacks on state agencies by Artem Mykhailov, regional manager, ISSP;
On the conference was also announced, that SCSA is beginning the new projects – “Cyber Camps” for schools pupils and students. The projects will help allow to grow new cyber security experts and enhance cyber security level in Georgia.