Transilvania University of Brasov, through its Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, together with Caucasus University and Scientific Cyber Security Association from Georgia, organizes an online Python and Cybersecurity contest, which is titled “Python and Cybersecurity Battle”. The contest welcomes students from any country, and their participation is facilitated by the online nature of the competition.
Participants should create teams of 2-3 students who will present their ideas, projects, software systems.
The eligible participants should belong to the following two categories:
• High school students, which belong to the age group 14-19 years. They have to organize themselves in groups of 2-3 students, and submit their projects during the contest;
• University students (Bachelor or Master study programmes). They have to organize themselves in groups of 2-3 students, and submit their projects during the contest.
Each Group is required to conduct 10-15 minutes presentations about their projects, which are registered in both categories, Python battle and Cyber Battle. The competition takes place on the 10th of December 2022.
The submissions will be evaluated considering the following criteria:
• Novelty, timeliness and, eventually, increasing momentum of the proposed idea;
• Real-world relevance, which assesses the scale and importance of the problem or real-world use case that will be addressed;
• Overall quality of the project, which concerns the relevance of the idea, the design of the software solution, and the quality of the implementation;
• Relevance and overall quality of the presentation, which takes into account the detailed presentation of the idea, the justification of the choice relative to its real-world relevance, the clear and concise presentation of the system architecture, and its implemented prototype.
Participants will receive award certificates for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
Those wishing to participate in the competition should register at the following link:
Registration Deadline: 5th of December
Associate Professor Dr. Razvan Bocu (Transilvania University of Brasov, Romania)
Professor Dr. Maksim Iavich (Caucasus University, Georgia)
Giorgi Akhalaia (Scientific Cyber Security Association, Georgia)