Scientific Cyber Security Association actively works on both Georgian and international scientific projects. It actively cooperates with foreign experts.
Cooperation is being held not only with concrete scientists but also with organizations, the clear example of it is the cooperation with one of the largest universities in Ukraine – Taras Shevchenko Kiev National University. Besides of many conferences, a joint scientific journal was issued with the above mentioned institution; Polish Technical Academy is also involved into the recruitment and development of the journal.
1. Post-Quantum Cryptography: a grant project financed by Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation, implemented by members of the association team. The project has been successful implemented since 2016, relevant results are got, which are distributed to global cyber security experts, and in the thematic international groups. The project was successfully completed in January 2018, as a result a new post-quantum cryptosystem is got.
2. Digital signature schemes in post-quantum war: joint project, funded by Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation and Science and Technology Center in Ukraine is being conducted by the members of the association team. As the result we will get a new digital signature scheme which will be effective and secure and can be used in post-quantum epoch. The project was launched in July 2017 and was successfully completed in 2019.
3. Random number generators for cryptography: the goal of the project is to create efficient and secure new random number generator. The project is financed by Caucasus University. Project began in 2019 was successfully completed in 2021.
4. The model of post-quantum cryptography scheme: the goal of the project is to improve the efficiency and security of post-quantum cryptography schemes. The project is financed by Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation. Project began in 2019 and was successfully completed in 2021.
5. Computer Science and Cyber Security University for Children: the goal of the project is the development of scientific and practical directions of cyber security in school pupils. The project is financed by Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation. Project began in 2020 and was successfully completed in 2020.
6. Cyber incident response platform for 5G cellular networks: the goal of the project is to create the clever cyber security function for 5G cellular networks. The project is financed by Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation. Project began in 2020 and was successfully completed in 2021.
7. The new method of increasing safety of rolling stock on the base of fiber-optical rail circuits: the goal of the project is the improvement of functioning of the railway transport by means of elaborating corresponding railway circuits. The project is financed by Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation. Project began in 2019 and was successfully completed in 2022.
8. Promoting European Union’s Cyber Education(PEU-C-E): the goal of the project is to share European experience in cyber education among students, teachers, parents, professors and decision makers with a goal to create safer internet for vulnerable young people. The project is financed by EACEA. Project began in 2020 and was successfully completed in 2022.
9. 5G networks security: In the framework PHDF-21-088 project solution will be found that will overcome vulnerabilities (MITM, data leakage, design vulnerabilities) and find new solution to minimize the risk of cyber attacks. Project supports to create micro lab where the systems security flaws will be reassessed and based on this assessment different approached will be analyzed. More secure and efficient way of communication will be created. At the last stage, new secure design and function must be created and implemented. That will be tested in local environment as well as discussed with international experts to continue working on the improvement of our design. Project began in 2021 and was successfully completed in 2022.
10. Cyber Security and 5G League: The seasonal school project involves both local and international specialists – professors from 8 countries, namely Georgia, Ukraine, Spain, Italy, Romania, USA, Lithuania and France. Within the framework of the Cyber Security and 5G League, trainees will study the practical and scientific aspects of Cyber Security and 5G technologies. They will have the opportunity to get practical knowledge from the leading international specialists in the field. Within the framework of the Cyber Security and 5G League, trainees will study the practical and scientific aspects of Cyber Security and 5G technologies. The project began in 2022 and was successfully completed at the same year.
11. Creation of an algorithm and a working web platform for graphematic studies: within the framework of the project, a machine learning-based system for recognizing the period of graphic image creation and the texts placed on them is being developed, which automatically determines the real period of the created graphic image according to specific parameters. As a result of the project, an algorithm for graphematic research and a corresponding working web-platform will be obtained. The project began in 2022 and will be finished in 2024.
12. Seasonal school of data protection based on EU practices: The goal of the project is to raise awareness of personal data protection among users. Despite the recent focus on cyber security, unfortunately, the challenges associated with GDPR are still relevant, both for professionals of this profile and for ordinary users.
In the frame of the project the season schools for students, academic sector, business sector and online trainings for general public will be organized. The events will be free of charge.
Source of financing: Erasmus+ (Jean Monnet Modules).
Duration – 3 years.
13.Cyber Security Cisco academy for children: The goal of the Academy is to develop the directions of cyber security in Georgia, both from a practical and a scientific point of view. To achieve the goal, the complex training program of Cisco Systems, a global giant of computer networks and systems based in the United States of America, will be used, which is placed on an online training platform. netacad.com.
The project will start on 01.10.2022 and its duration is 1 year
14. The novel approach of creating the post-quantum digital signature schemes
The goal of the project is to create the digital signature scheme using the novel technology – ‘Verkle tree’. The scheme will have the reduced signature size and will be secure against attacks of quantum computers. The project began in 2022 and will be finished in 2024.
15. Methodology of the development of secure multilayer ‘5G and beyond’ networks for the needs of special groups of subscribers in Georgia
Definition of the special users communication groups; Development of a method for assessing key security indicators of 5G network slices by developing new metrics and rules that take into account the specifics of the functioning of 5G cellular networks and the services provided for different groups of subscribers.;
Development of method for automated 5G network slices penetration testing; Development of an AI-based encryption methods ecosystem for 5G cellular networks; Improvement of the method of quantum key distribution methods for the appropriate networks slices of 5G secured networks; Testing and validation of the developed solutions. The project began in 2023 and will be finished in 2026.